Baby oat food is very yummy and good for the tummy. Oats are very good food for babies as they are rich in fibre and also easily digestible. Oats are packed with full nutrients for your baby. You can start giving your baby oats as early as at six months of age. In this article I’m writing about how you can make babies oats at home so read on.
It’s so simple, you just use a neutral blender or a grinder and all you need is porridge oats something that is natural whole grain oats. Oats have a percentage of fats, sugars, and salts, especially the whole grain. So, it’s easy and simple for you to make. All you have to do is put it in a grinder or blender. You can use any blender/grinder of your choice. And what you have to do is grind it to a point where it is super fine.
It’s just a more cost-effective way of making babies breakfast. You can get tired of buying branded food for your baby. You’ll probably end up spending more money depending on the brand you purchased. Since babies eat every time, it is recommended to know how to make some baby food at home, and making the oat meals is a sure way to go! It’s so easy and you can make as much as you want. let’s get started.
You could add water to blend the oats, and ensure it is perfectly fine. If the hand grinding/blending machines are not within your reach, consider using the mill. Either way, your baby will enjoy it! I recommend you to make a bit more oats and keep a batch of it ready. Remember to sieve it afterwards to avoid lumps so that it doesn’t choke your baby while administering it.
How to prepare
Lets dive down on how to prepare these yummy recipe:
Firstly, take a scoop of milk into the blended oat, and then stir it and continue to stir until it thickens up. If you are just starting to win your baby, then add a bit more milk so you can make it as creamy as possible. Always avoid any lumps in your baby’s breakfast when you are feeding your baby to avoid your baby being choked. So yeah, be careful!
You can also jazz up the oats a bit by adding some fruits. Fruits such as strawberries, bananas, and blueberries are good options. For example, you could mash up half of a banana or other fruits choice, and add to your baby’s oats. Before incorporating fruits to your babies oats, endeavor to serve it first without fruits to ensure that you baby is not reacting to the oats or exhibits any sign of allergy. Thereafter, add the fruits and you are good to go! You can be testing out with fruits weekly.
And there you have tasty oats for your baby! Trust me, your baby is going to love this. It is very simple to prepare and it’s also economical. Why I love this is that you can choice any fruit you want to use for a particular meal. Read our previous content on how to introduce a new food to your baby
Benefits of giving your baby oats
1. Oats meal contains high amounts of protein and other healthy ingredients that can help boost your baby’s immunity and improve the conditions and appearance of your baby’s skin and hair. It is a good source of energy too
2. Oat meal are high in fiber and nutrients, they contain high amounts of magnesium, zinc, and iron. As your babies grows, they need to eat foods that contain more nutrients than the ones found in breast milk and other dairy formula
3. Oat meal blends well with other food. You can mix fruits, vegetables, and other foods into it to make it more flavorful and exciting for your baby
4. Oat meal prevents constipation, as many babies tend to experience constipation when other food is introduced to them. But oatmeal helps to prevent constipation
5. It is gentle on digestion. It’s easy on your baby’s digestive system. It helps to promote fullness and a healthy appetite while preventing gas
Other food Ideas that you could add to your babies oatmeal
Kindly let us know what you think about the content and share your experience with us.