These best healthy pumpkin bars are flourless, processed sugar-free pumpkin bars that are delightfully light and airy. I feel you’ll love these as much as I do. Best healthy pumpkin bars are one of my favorite grain-free treats for the fall.
Instead of flour, this recipe, which is based on my Paleo Banana Snack Cake, calls for almond butter. It’s astonishing how cake-like it turns when combined with eggs and honey.
Please continue reading to unveil everything about the best healthy pumpkin bars recipe, the ingredients needed, and other tips.
Best Healthy Pumpkin Bars Contain What?
- Nut butter made with almonds
- Squash purée
- The flavor of pumpkin pie, spiced with cloves.
Ingredients for Best Healthy Pumpkin Bars
Bars of Pumpkin
- 1/2 tablespoons of pureed pumpkin
- Almond butter in half a cup
- A quarter cup of honey
- 2 hens’ eggs
- There are 2 tablespoons of Pumpkin Pie Spice in this recipe
- 1/4 tsp. salt of the earth
- 1/2 tsp. bicarbonate of soda
- An apple cider vinegar solution of 1 tablespoon.
Glaze of Maple and Pecans
- Additional chopped pecans for serving are included in the 3/4 cup of pecans.
- One-fourth cup molasses
- Coconut oil melted to 2 teaspoons
- A quarter of a cup (or coffee)
- The vanilla extract, 1 tsp
- a dash of salt
Read also: Easy and Delicious Vegetarian Baby Food
Proven Ways to Succeed
- For up to three days at room temperature or five days in the refrigerator, allow it to cool completely before storing. Alternatively, you can microwave it to reheat it quickly if you want. Up to three months in the freezer is also an option. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw.
- Use gluten-free oats and a gluten-free flour mix to make this recipe gluten-free.
- Add dairy-free chocolate chips if you’re watching your diet.
- If you’d prefer to make this recipe without eggs, you may either use store-bought oat flour or grind the oats in a food processor or blender before adding them to the batter. Add 1 tablespoon ground flaxseeds and 14 cups milk to the mix, and eliminate the eggs.
- If you don’t have flaxseed, you can omit it from the recipe. It will be more delicate if you don’t let it cool completely.
- Before slicing, let the meat cool completely.
- To make it easier for your toddler, you can break it down into smaller pieces.
- Use plain dried fruit (such as raisins) instead of chocolate chips if you’re making these for a younger crowd.
- It’s up to you if you want to add nut butter, cream cheese, or apple butter.
- The 3-Ingredient Cereal Bars and the Soft-Baked Granola Bars are other good options.
PUMPKIN FOR THESE BARS: What type of pumpkin is best?
Tinned or ordinary pumpkin puree from the baking section of your store is a good option. It would also work if you had homemade pumpkin puree that was the same texture and consistency as tinned.
PUMPKIN BARS CAN I MAKE IN ADVANCE OF TIME?
Yes! Refrigeration or room temperature storage are also fine options for storing the slices after they’ve cooled. Alternatively, you can microwave it to reheat it quickly if you want. Up to three months in the freezer is also an option. Remove from the freezer and allow to thaw.
Read also: Vegetable Recipes for Kids
Method of Preparation
- Prepare a 350oF oven. You can use any kind of almond butter or peanut butter that you prefer. You can also use any kind of pumpkin that you prefer.
- Add the vinegar into the batter, and stir again. The batter will have lighter swirls in it, from the baking soda reacting with the vinegar. This will help the bars rise and remove any baking soda flavor in the final bars, so keep stirring until the batter looks uniform. Pour into a greased 8-inch baking dish, lined with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- Bars should rise in the center and not jitter when shaken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 35 minutes. Slice and serve after it has cooled entirely.
- Mix nuts, maple syrup, coconut oil, water, vanilla, and salt in a medium saucepan to make the optional Maple Pecan Glaze. Blend until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as necessary to ensure a smooth result. As required, you can add a tablespoon of water to aid in the process of making it smooth. Serve the bars immediately with chopped pecans on top after drizzling the glaze over them.
Recommendations for More Pumpkin Recipes
Check out these other creative ways to use a pumpkin. Try these out!
- Dessert: Ice Cream with Pumpkin Puree
- Tofu-Free Pumpkin Doughnuts!
- Pumpkin Bread Made with Oat Flour
- Overnight Oats with a Twist of Pumpkin
- Pumpkin Cheesecake with Cashews
- Latte with a dash of pumpkin spice
Protein is 5g, Polyunsaturated fat is 2, and monounsaturated fat is 5g in this 147-calorie meal. 41mg of cholesterol, 142mg of sodium, 156mg of potassium, the fiber of 2g, sugar 12g, vitamin A of 2177IU/mg, vitamin C of 1mg, the calcium of 61mg, the iron of 1mg.
Best healthy pumpkin bars taste so great and delicious packed with so much goodness which you should not miss out of. With this recipe you will be able to make a very yummy healthy pumpkin bars just by following the instructions carefully.